Monday, June 2, 2014

Safety for the Soul







Dear Mom and Dad:

Wow, that's quite a bit of news.  It sounds like everyone's continuing to do well.  To answer your questions and comments, here goes: 1. As for contact from extended family, Erin emails me occasionally, but I haven't heard from her in awhile.  2. If you're talking about my mission release date, it's Wednesday, November 11, 2015.  3. I'm glad you're studying Preach My Gospel with the sister missionaries. It's amazing how all-encompassing, Preach My Gospel truly is, isn't it?  4. Good luck with the 5K.

Things have been going really well this week.  I've felt the genuine and fundamental importance of love and that through love, great things happen.  Right before we parted ways, Elder LeFevre told me that I was about to do something great, or rather, be a part of something great in Glenwood.  We've had some great lessons and some great opportunities to do service.  We visited a recent convert named Ian  (the guy who was standing next to Max Manley in one of his baptism pictures; see the blog for details) and were prompted to share with him a talk by Jeffrey R. Holland regarding his divine witness that The Book of Mormon was true. Ian is solid in the Gospel, but it has been awhile since he'd read.  The Spirit was not only extremely strong, but much more easily distinguishable and uniquely recognizable.  I bore my Testimony of it this past Sunday; it's all of the good of the world magnified by Infinity.  All of the good intelligence, love, wisdom, happiness, all of those things beautifully fused and magnified Infinity-fold; that's how I can describe the Spirit and it comes through simple and sincere teaching.

The ward leadership is more excited about missionary work than ever before.  Bishop Jacob has proposed and formulated some refreshing and bold ideas for galvanizing the members to do more missionary work.  This is probably the most bold and excited I've seen him about it.  Pray for us that we can have the strength to avoid temptation and discouragement, and to strengthen this enthusiasm in simplicity and love.  Have you ever listened to Elder Holland's talk, "Safety for the Soul?"  I highly recommend it.

I'll be sending some pics your way next week; I promise.  I love you all and I hope that all of you have a happy and wonderful week.

Love,
Elder McMurray

No comments:

Post a Comment