Sunday, January 26, 2014

Of Pie and Singing

30 December 2013

Hey, all.

Wait, this can't be right...
That's better! (Yes, it's an old joke -- sue me whydon'tya?)


Things are going pretty well here; a member in the ward gave us gift cards to a pie place.  We're probably going to get pies and some apple cider and have a little party for New Year's.  The weather warmed up quite a bit recently but then it got cold again but I don't mind.  That's okay, you don't have to get me Eccos at least not yet (2 months in, and his first pair of shoes was already beginning to wear out)  and go ahead and hold off on the food and CDs for now.  I'll be good for awhile.

Sam singing. Imagine him in a white shirt and tie.  And a couple of years older.  Work with me, here: he hasn't sent any photos home!

... I did open the box from you, it was terrific and thank you very much.  The way that I changed up, "I Heard the Bells" was as follows: mezzo piano on the first verse, mezzo forte on the second verse, acapella piano on the third verse, gradual crescendo to forte on the fourth verse, and double forte on the fifth verse. (this is Musical Stuff.  Do not be alarmed if it makes no sense.  Personally, I prefer to not think of music as an exacting, mathematical discipline.  Music is like Love, or Electricity: Magic.)  It was excellent and there are some people in the ward who are wanting me to sing a special musical number for January.  I'll probably pick something from Sally DeFord.  I'm looking forward to it.

Have a Happy New Year and a great rest of your week.  It's so wonderful to hear about everything that's going on in the family, that you had a good experience in the temple, and that Naomi had a great teaching experience. ...I look forward to writing you next week.

Love,
Elder McMurray 

No comments:

Post a Comment