Monday, January 27, 2014

Of Jesus The Christ and Yo-Yo Weather

27 January 2014




Hey, Dad:



Wow, that's pretty crazy about the weather down there; 27 degrees is still pretty cold.  It's been pretty bipolar, no pun intended, up here as far as weather is concerned.  Last Sunday it was in the 60s for highs and then it plummeted back into single digits.  It fluctuated up and down throughout the week and yesterday, it was in the 50s for highs and then it plummeted back into the single digits again.  I'm hoping for a good, long, hard snowfall and consistently cold temperatures throughout the week.




That's cool about the Grand Parkway, and yeah, singing was a wonderful opportunity. (The Grand Parkway is the third highway belt to surround metro Houston.  The Richmond to Cypress chunk opened earlier this month.)  

 
James Talmage at work.  He did write Jesus the Christ in a room on the 4th floor of the Salt Lake Temple.  

It's a great book.  It's not canonical.

I did get pretty in-depth with Jesus The Christ, and yes, it's a terrific book, and I will definitely re-read it.  One of our Zone Leaders told me that the Quorum of the Twelve proposed to make it a Standard Work and that every Apostle except for James E. Talmage voted in the affirmative.  Is that true? (No, it isn't.  This Faith-Promoting Rumor came about in part because Deseret Book used to publish an edition with leather bindings and onion skin paper, just like the Scriptures. People made assumptions.)



There are some days that are harder than others, but I really mean it when I say that your prayers are helping me and I'm grateful for the opportunities to contact you.  I hope that mine are helping y'all and it's wonderful to hear about the blessings that you've received from this undertaking.  



Have a great week and I'll catch you on the flip side, soul brotha.



Love,

Elder McMurray



Hey, Mom.



It's crazy to hear about the weather down in Houston; the weather up here has been pretty crazy, too; it can't seem to make up its mind about whether or not it wants to be winter or spring.  It was in the 60s for highs last Sunday and then it plummeted back into single digits and then it went up and down throughout the week.  Yesterday it was in the 50s for highs and then it plummeted back into the single digits again today.  I'm hoping for a good, long, hard snowfall and cold temperatures, but we'll see.



There is a lot of family to keep track of...


Thanks for keeping me posted about the family and please tell Jack  that I wish him a happy birthday.  That's crazy about Deb, though; I hope she gets better soon but I'm glad that subbing went well.  It's wonderful to hear that Naomi has a supportive Bishop.  It's good to hear that Noah is doing good despite some stressful situations.  (Jack is Sam's cousin, who just celebrated his 17th birthday; Aunt Deb, a school teacher, was hospitalized with a severe allergic reaction, and Lynda substituted for her; Naomi just started a new semester at BYU, and had her first "get to know you" interview with her bishop; Noah is halfway through Junior Year, and prepping for the SAT.)

Seahawks.  They are a football team.  In America.


Manchester City plays real football.  In England.  Some of our family loves them with a pure and perfect love.

Go Seahawks, Go Manchester City, and God Bless America!



Thank you for your prayers; I pray for y'all as well and I hope that you can feel their power; I can definitely feel the power of yours....



Thank you, Mom and everyone, I love hearing from you every week.  Have a terrific one until we type again.



Love,

Elder McMurray

No comments:

Post a Comment