Monday, May 19, 2014

Moving On...






Hey, all!

It was great to hear the news from back home.  Quite a bit has happened to me this past week: in an almost totally unexpected turn of events, Elder LeFevre got transferred.  He's in the Winter Quarters YSA Ward in Omaha with Elder Clark, who I've heard is a good missionary so I think that he'll be fine.  We were both shocked when we found out the news, but we had a good parting.  I'm now with Elder Bywater (like I said, I'll send some pics soon); he's a really good guy, originally from Twin Falls, Idaho but his family recently moved to Helena, Montana and he lived there for awhile before coming out.  He's been out for 14 months and was transferred from Hastings, Nebraska in the Grand Island Zone.  As you saw from the pics last week, Elder Van Wagoner and Elder Daines have, "died" or finished their missions.  Elder Chappell is still our Zone Leader (he's got one more transfer) and Elder Linford is the new ZL.  He's only been out for about 7 1/2 months and he's already been a District Leader, Trainer, and Zone Leader in Sioux City.  He seems alright in the little time I met him, and Elder Bywater is our new District Leader.  I think that we'll do well. 

We're teaching our investigator tonight with a member and we hope and pray that it'll go well.  He's still interested and he's already been taught the first lesson, and we're hopeful that he'll make the decision to get baptized. 

We're looking forward for more opportunities to learn, grow, and serve in the area of Glenwood and help others do likewise.  I love you all and I thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers and I send mine in return.

Love,

Elder McMurray

No comments:

Post a Comment