Monday, March 3, 2014

News of the World



It's morning in Iowa...


Hey, Dad:
 
Thank you so much for filling me in on the scoop in Houston and throughout the world; I really appreciate it.  Yeah, those temps are still cold for anywhere, that's something else.


I've heard that, "12 Years A Slave" was phenomenal; how did Ellen do hosting the awards?  Have any of you seen, "The LEGO Movie?"  Some people have told us that it was great and really funny.  What did it get on MetaCritic?  If you've seen it, what did you think of it? (We saw it; we liked it.  A lot.)



Who are the top teams in the NHL right now?  That Blackhawks-Penguins match sounds like quite a game. (It was.) That's good for Canada that they swept in ice hockey; correct me if I'm wrong, but it's been awhile since they've done that, no? (Actually, they swept gold in 2010, in Vancouver.)



That's crazy about Venezuela and I've been hearing about Ukraine; when we visited an elderly couple in the ward last week, she said that Putin is a thug.  I'll be sure to keep the Venezuelans and the Ukrainians in my prayers.



I emailed Grandma M. today asking her about her sickness.  That's horrible and yeah, hopefully she can come down to Houston and relax. (She's been sick all winter, with varying maladies.)  That's good that Sister Cardwell is doing better and I hope that Taylor Bassett's surgery goes well.  Good luck to Naomi on the job hunt.  


 (Thank you for your thoughts about the Temple.)  That's a terrific insight and I thank you for it; even the simplest parts of the Gospel are so multi-layered and packed with insights and revelation.  It's like the celestialized version of a classical musical album or something along those lines.  



I'm actually still enjoying the cold and I'll enjoy it while it lasts.  Spring should be good and fun, but I'm still liking the cold.  



Thanks for this wonderful email and I thank you for it.  I thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers.








Elder Quayle and I, posing with goodie bags given to us by one of our ward members


Hey, Mom.

That's wonderful that you love the song I sent you and thank you for all of the great pictures; I'm sending some more your way, not too many, but a few.  Lisa F. had the song and approached me and Sister Thomas about it and we agreed to do it.  A young woman in the ward named Kristy or Kirstie S. asked me awhile ago if I was capable of singing and I said yes.  She helped arrange for me to sing, "Joseph Smith's First Prayer" in Sacrament Meeting and then Lisa F. approached me a few weeks later regarding, "In Quiet Grove."  Elder Quayle and I are doing well; we're on the hunt for new investigators and it's a little slow-going, but we're striving.  I thank you for all of your love and prayers.  Don't worry about complaining about the temperatures; it would stink if your tomato plants died. (They did. It does.)  Yeah, it's been pretty cold but I'm holding up and I'm still liking it.  That's great that you're working hard at subbing, but everyone needs a break and I'm glad that you're pacing yourself....Have a terrific day and I love and pray for all of you.
  
Love,

Elder McMurray

No comments:

Post a Comment