Monday, February 24, 2014

Transfers



Hey, all:

Well, after the whirlwind week with Max Manley's baptism, things have been comparatively quiet. We're still working and finding opportunities to serve and teach, but yeah, it's been quiet compared to a couple of weeks ago.  The length of your emails is fine, but could you include some pictures as well, please?

Elder Quayle and I are together for at least one more transfer; I have officially moved past the greenie stage.  There have been quite a few changes to our Zone, however: the biggest change is that Elder Quayle's trainer Elder Chappell (pronounced, "chapel"), who has been a Zone Leader in North Platte, Nebraska for the past nine months, replaced Elder Riley as one of our Zone Leaders.  Elder Quayle is very excited; I haven't met Elder Chappell yet, but he sounds like a cool guy and a good missionary.  We also have a new sister missionary in our ward named Sister Schraeder, who was transferred from the Lincoln, Nebraska Zone; she replaced Sister Palmer, who was transferred to Nebraska City just across the Missouri River.  Sister Schraeder and her companion, Sister Stutler, who came out with me, taught Gospel Principles yesterday.  Sister Schraeder is nice and seems like a hard worker so we're happy about that.

I sang a duet with a sister in our ward named Lisa Formhals in our ward yesterday; Sister Thomas accompanied us.  We sang, "In Quiet Grove" by Janice Kapp Perry; it's about the importance of bearing testimony of the First Vision.  It went really well; our voices really blended.  

That's very sad about the Bassetts, Waites, and Sister Cardwell; I'll remember to pray for them and please send them my regards. (The Bassett's son and Sister Cardwell are both battling cancer; the Waites's son has been hospitalized with pneumonia.)

It's good to hear that the family is doing well; I wish Noah good luck and good studying for the SAT.  

I'm sorry that there are no new pictures this week; I'll be sure to send you some next P-day.

I love you all, I thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers, and I send my thoughts, prayers, and well wishes to you, Alief, and the Richmond Stake.

Love,
Elder McMurray

No comments:

Post a Comment