Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Pride










Hey, y'all!

Hope that y'all had a great past week and a Happy Memorial Day.  And I hope everyon in Houston isn't deluged!

We're looking forward to a rebuilding period this week. We're grateful for the tender mercies that we've seen: some new investigators and a baptism and confirmation for the district was wonderful this past week. 

We're working to get one of our investigators back to progressing status. Teaching him has helped me learn the importance of being more personal in my teaching style and in the freedom that comes through absolute, all-encompassing truth. We sent him a text talking about his hang-ups and after not meeting with us for a little over a week, we visited him last night. We reminded him that although there are people in the Church who can be prideful and who try to hurt others, sometimes we can behave the exact same way.  I've struggled with these feelings myself for a very long time, so I can relate, but the Spirit constantly reminds me of the universal sin of pride and how one of the aspects of my calling is to remind people of that. It was a successful teaching moment for all of us. He's still got a way to go but we're hopeful. 

Hope that y'all have a great week.

Love,
Elder McMurray

No comments:

Post a Comment