Monday, August 11, 2014

My Companion Is Royal









Hey, all!



Everything is holding up well and things are going good.  And wouldn't you know it, after nine months in Glenwood, I have been transferred to the Eagle Run Ward in northwest-central Omaha.  I'm with Elder Royal from California; he just got done being trained and he's a good guy.  The ward has some pretty interesting boundaries; it looks kinda like an L-shaped Tetris block and runs the gamut from huge mansions and golf courses to middle class to Old Alief-ish homes.  And get this; it includes Malcolm X's birthplace.  The ward is nice; lots of young couples with kids and the work seems to be plentiful.  I'm looking forward to it.


Malcolm X Birthplace


It's wonderful to hear that everyone seems to be doing well and is being strong in the face of some pretty big challenges.... That's actually something that I've been thinking quite a bit about: praying for strength to meet and overcome our challenges.  I'm grateful for prayer's gift and how it's impacted my life and especially my mission, even when others don't seem to notice or care. 




I'll try to send some pics for next week.  I love you all and hope that you have a great week!



Love,

Elder McMurray

No comments:

Post a Comment