Sunday, April 12, 2015

Transferred!







Dear Readers:  It's been an exceptionally busy couple of weeks, and I've been lax in posting Elder McMurray's missives.  This should bring us up-to-date: 

30 March 2015

Hey, y'all!


An okay week culminated in a great weekend.  We have some new potentials we're hoping to meet with and some fantastic visits with less-active members of the ward.  We're making further strides to fulfill our commission and invite others to partake of the goodness of the Gospel.  



Pics are coming next week; I apologize but I didn't bring my camera today.  However, I found the USB for it!


Have a great week and I love y'all!  Remember, member missionary work is part of the foundation of the Gospel's success.

Love, 
Elder McMurray

 

6 April 2015


Hey, y'all!

A fantastic conference weekend.  Things are going good; the weather is very Houston-like today: warm and misty.  Some big changes will probably be happening this week as it is transfer week.  This may be my last transfer in Eagle Run.  Who knows where I'll be sent next?  I am grateful for the work and friendships that I've cultivated here and I'm grateful for your continued support and prayers in my behalf and the other great missionaries who labor in this part of the vineyard.

Have a wonderful week and a happy Easter season.  Oh, by the way, if you haven't already checked it out:


Love,
Elder McMurray

10 April 2015

Elder McMurray was indeed transferred, to a branch in Columbus, Nebraska.  We received word through an email from Sister Austin, one of the investigators Elder McMurray and Elder Stoker brought to the waters of baptism:

  

"Elder McMurray was transferred today to another town in western NE, Columbus NE. His companion was also transferred to a subdivision in SW Omaha, Millard. I am heartbroken. They told me they are "shutting them down", whatever that means. They will not be far away however. And on to other new investigators. I am trying to get Sam's pants hemmed before he leaves tomorrow. Wish me luck. I'm not much of a seamstress but have definitely hemmed/mended a few pants/jeans in my day."

("Shutting them down" means closing down the area where Elders McMurray and Stoker had been working.  This usually happens when the mission has more areas than missionaries to cover them.)
 
We feel very blessed that our son was watched over by such a wonderful, caring lady!

Another fantastic sister, Christine Sheets Bates, very kindly shared a photo of Elder McMurray at transfers:


And courtesy of the Internet, here are some photos of Columbus, Nebraska:





Columbus is a town of 22,000 people, in north central Nebraska.  The first image is a view of downtown Columbus. The second is a view of the Columbus meetinghouse.  The final image is an aerial view of the neighborhood surrounding the Columbus Branch meetinghouse: the building is bordered on three sides by corn fields! 


No comments:

Post a Comment